Aluminum Case Co. (ACC) manufactures a comprehensive line of aluminum cases
engineered to meet the needs of the most demanding customer. Our stock cases
include carrying cases, bank cases, print cases, computer cases, footlockers, and
tool chests - all ready for immediate shipment. Custom Cases are also available.
ACC has been designing and engineering aluminum cases since 1946. Over these past 60 years, we have developed propriety designs that, when combined with quality materials, result with an aluminum case of unparalleled quality. Key ACC case specifications are as follows:
- Case Shell. Our case shells are fabricated from marine grade or aircraft quality aluminum alloy and are void of any composite, ply board or manmade materials. We typically use 5052-H32 alloy which features 33,000 psi tensile strength and 28,000 psi yield strength. It is considered a high strength alloy, and in non-technical terms - it's tough stuff. Over time with routine usage, one of our cases may get scuffed or scratched, but the shell itself will not fatigue (under normal load conditions). Case shells are commonly .040", .050" or .090" in aluminum thickness. [18ga, 16ga and 11ga, respectively] Specialty alloys (for added strength) are available, and are often used for extreme-duty applications.
- Hardware. ACC cases feature high performance case hardware sourced from origins with the USA, to the extent possible. We offer a wide selection of available hardware, and can also configure our products for use with customer-specified hardware if preferred, or necessary for conformity.
- Interior Foam. Our cases feature (at additional charge) soft, open cell polyurethane or hard, closed cell polyethylene foam interiors. All foam used within our products is sourced domestically.
Refer to our Case Options for a more in depth discussion of case hardware and interior options available.
- Design. ACC cases feature a unibody design wherein the "frame" (or "chassis") of the case is one-in-the-same with the shell of the case. Essentially, the strength and quality of the aluminum we select for our case shells voids the need for a structural case frame that is separate for the skin of the case. The result is an ACC case with less mass and more usable interior space than its counterparts.
The following illustration compares our Style "C" case design to one of the so called "aluminum" cases on the market (most typically of overseas origin). As they say - a picture tells a thousand words.
- Seams. ACC cases are available in both riveted construction and all-welded construction. Both methods of construction will stand up to the most rigorous usage, with all-welded construction typically preferred in applications requiring extreme-duty strength or enhanced protection from the elements (weather conditions).
- Joining Edge - Style "C" Cases. Our Style "C" cases feature a two piece, custom profile tongue-and-groove joining edge with formed radius corners. Unlike joining edges with miter cut corners, our design eliminates the need for multiple component parts with their inherent gaps while providing enhanced corner strength.
Storage & Tool ChestsACC footlockers, storage chests and tool chests are used in a wide range of applications. Uses have included straightforward endeavors such as document storage to more demanding duty involving the protection, storage and transport of highly sensitive, delicate and expensive cargo. To assist you in the selection of one of our chests best suited for your intended use, kindly refer to the following chart for a comparison of product line construction details. Chest Comparison Chart